Moldovan “Sheriff” debunked rumors about the possible departure of the coach.
Yuri Vernidub / photo REUTERS
Moldavian “Sheriff” has extended the contract with the Ukrainian coach Yuriy Vernidub.
It is reported by Sheriff’s official site.
The new agreement is calculated until the end of 2024. The previous one expired in the summer of 2022.
“The head coach of our first team, Yuri Nikolaevich Vernidub, begins a new time calculation. FC Sheriff officially announces that an agreement has been reached between the parties, after which the club’s management and Yuri Vernidub signed the agreement, which extended the agreement until the end of 2024” , – said in the message of “Sheriff”.
We will remind, earlier Vernidub hinted that he would not mind working in a more eminent club. Recently, the media also reported that the Ukrainian specialist received an attractive offer from Saudi Arabia.
Read also“We see a ray of hope”: Captain Genoa appreciated Shevchenko’s work
Yuri Vernidub: career at Sheriff
- Vernidub took over Sheriff in December 2020. At the end of the 2020-2021 season, the Ukrainian coach led Sheriff to the champion title, and also reached the final of the national cup, where he lost.
- This season, Vernidoub played in the Champions League for the first time in his career. On the way to the group stage “Sheriff” overcame four qualifying rounds.
- Under the leadership of the Ukrainian, “Sheriff” became the first Moldovan club to qualify for the Champions League group stage.
- At the group stage “Sheriff” became a real sensation. Vernidub’s team managed to score 7 points in the same group with Real Madrid, Inter and Shakhtar (victory over Madrid and 4 points in two games with the Pitmen) and take third place.
- Sheriff made it to the Europa League playoffs and became the first Moldovan club to play in the spring part of European competition.