The footballers mentioned that next year will be a jubilee for Ukrainian football.
National team of Ukraine / photo facebook.com/uafukraine
The players of the Ukrainian national team recorded a video message in which they wished all fans and compatriots a Happy New Year.
The main stars and leaders of the national team took part in the congratulations, including: goalkeepers Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar) and Georgy Buschan (Dynamo), midfielders Taras Stepanenko (Shakhtar), Ruslan Malinovsky (Atalanta), Sergei Sidorchuk (Dynamo) and Oleksandr Zinchenko (Manchester City), as well as strikers Roman Yaremchuk (Benfica) and Andriy Yarmolenko (West Ham).
The players of the national team mentioned that next year will be an anniversary year for Ukrainian football. In 1992, the Ukrainian national team in Uzhgorod played its first match in the history of an independent country. In that game, the Hungarians were defeated with a score of 3: 1.
Read alsoPetrakov summed up the results of 2021 for the Ukrainian national team“We congratulate all the fans, those who come to the stadium, those who watch the matches on TV, those who follow the events through the media, and those who are watching this video now. We are all football, happy holiday to all of us . Happy new, jubilee year “, – said Andriy Yarmolenko.
National team of Ukraine in qualification for the World Cup-2022
- At the group stage, Ukraine played in the same group with France, Finland, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kazakhstan.
- The Ukrainians won twice, drew six times, scored 12 points and took second place after France, reaching the playoffs.
- In the playoffs of the selection for the 2022 World Cup, the Ukrainian national team will play against Scotland in the semi-final away. In case of victory, our team will also play the final on the opponent’s field with the winner of the Wales – Austria pair.
- The semi-finals of the playoff selection for the 2022 World Cup are scheduled for March 24-25, the finals – March 28-29.
- In the selection for the World Cup, Ukraine has set a unique record.