The business was given the opportunity to choose to use the classic cash registers (PPO) or electronic means.
From January 1, 2022 cash registers become mandatory for almost all individual entrepreneurs.
It follows from the law 4439-d on amending the Tax Code of Ukraine and other laws of Ukraine on the liberalization of the use of registrars of settlement transactions by single tax payers and the abolition of the mechanism for compensating buyers (consumers) for complaints about violation of the established procedure for conducting settlement transactions of a part of the amount of applied penalties.
Read alsoFOPs will keep records of cash transactions under the new rules
The business was given the opportunity to choose to use classic cash registers (PPO) or electronic means (software PPO), which are cheaper to maintain.
Only two categories of entrepreneurs were allowed not to use cash registers in their activities.
FOPs of the first group were lucky. These are entrepreneurs who do not have employees and who do retail trade for cash in the markets. At the same time, in order not to install a cash register, the annual income of such entrepreneurs should not exceed 1 million hryvnia.
Also, by a separate government decree, it was allowed not to use cash registers for entrepreneurs engaged in retail trade in rural areas, provided that the maximum size of the annual volume of settlement transactions in 167 times the minimum wage (1 million 85.5 thousand UAH) is not exceeded.
“The income level of entrepreneurs in villages is much lower than in cities, and under quarantine restrictions it has decreased even more. The costs of acquiring cash registers will become an additional financial burden for them. Therefore, the government decided to support such entrepreneurs so that they do not close their businesses and fire their workers “, – explained the decision made by the First Vice Prime Minister – Minister of Economy Yulia Sviridenko.
The main goal of the introduced norms is the desire to minimize any tax evasion by means of concealment of activities and an attempt to stop the “disguise” of medium and large businesses under dozens and sometimes hundreds of open dummy Foops.
History of the bill on cash registers:
- On November 3, 2020, the Speaker of Parliament Dmitry Razumkov announced that the Verkhovna Rada intends to consider as an urgent draft law on deferring the use of cash registers by entrepreneurs on a simplified taxation system for a year – until January 1, 2022.
- On November 4, 2020, it became known that the bill on the postponement of cash registers was registered in parliament.
- On the same day, November 4, 2020, the Rada failed to vote on the law on the postponement of cash registers.
- On November 17, 2020, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for the second time failed to vote on a draft law proposing to postpone the use of cash registers by entrepreneurs on a simplified taxation system until January 1, 2022.
- On December 15, 2020, the mandatory maintenance of the income book was canceled for individual entrepreneurs. It was about natural persons-entrepreneurs of the first and second groups and natural persons-entrepreneurs of the third group, who are not payers of value added tax.
- On December 17, 2021, the Verkhovna Rada refused to consider the postponement of the mandatory introduction of cash registers for individual entrepreneurs (FOP) for another year.
- December 24, 2021 Cabinet of Ministers freed entrepreneursretail trade in rural areas from the mandatory use of settlement registrars.