The popular holiday on January 2 was named Ignatius the God-bearer, John of Kronstadt, Ignatiev Day.
Christians celebrate on January 2 the church holiday of the holy martyr Ignatius the God-bearer and the wonderworker John of Kronstadt. On this day, processions and prayers are held in churches.
Our ancestors considered January 2 a dangerous day when many evil spirits walk on the earth. To protect the dwelling from evil, the house was bypassed with an icon in hand. Also, with the holy image, you need to go around the barns and cellars.
Preparation for Christmas begins on this day. The hostesses cleaned the house and prepared food for the holiday. Children learned carols and Christmas carols.
What not to do on January 2
- Old and frail people should not be allowed into the house, otherwise the owners of the house may get sick. But you can visit the elderly.
- You can’t borrow anything from your neighbors.
Signs of the weather on January 2
- What day is today, so will be August.
- The more snow on the trees, the better this year’s harvest.
- Titmouses sing loudly – to prolonged frosts.
- Light frost on trees – for clear weather.