The folk holiday on December 3 is known as Peter half-food.
On January 3, believers celebrate the church holiday of the Kiev Metropolitan Peter. During this period, people were actively preparing for Christmas. Today’s date is called Peter half-feed, since half of the winter reserves have already been eaten.
January 3 is considered a good omen to wash with water from a spring. Then the person will be healthy all year round. You can also wash yourself with plain water, in which any silver object was laid. Such water is sprayed on supplies so that they do not deteriorate until the end of winter.
What not to do on January 3
- On this date, you cannot wish anyone health and happiness, otherwise everything will be fulfilled the other way around.
- You cannot make promises and vows.
- Whoever overhears someone else’s conversation or spies on that day will lose his hearing.
Signs of the weather on January 3
- Snow oil – for hot and dry summers.
- If there is a lot of snow, then the harvest will be good.
- Echo is far and clearly audible – to severe frosts.
- Red dawn – to strong winds and blizzards.
- What day is today – this will be September.
You may also be interested in news: