The nominees for the title of the best goal in 2021 have become known.
Mehdi Taremi / photo FK Porto
The Best awards ceremony will take place soon and FIFA announced the names of three players who are competing for the Puskas Prize, the award for the best goal in 2021.
This is reported by the official Twitter FIFA.
The main prize is claimed by:
- The goal from striker of the Czech Republic and German Bayer Patrick Schick, which he scored with a kick from the center of the field during the Euro 2020 match against Scotland.
- Porto striker Mehdi Taremi scored over him in the Champions League match against Chelsea.
- And also the goal from Tottenham midfielder Eric Lamel, which he scored against Arsenal in the 14th round of the Premier League, which he scored against Arsenal, while the ball went between the legs of the Arsenal defender.
The name of the winner will be announced on January 17, 2022 as part of the FIFA awards ceremony, which will be held in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Eleven players are nominated for the best footballer award.
- The winners will be determined by a vote of the captains and head coaches of the national teams, as well as invited experts and fans.
- Voting began on November 22 and lasted until December 10 inclusive.
FIFA Footballer of the Year: Previous Winners
- The Best FIFA Football Awards has been awarded since 2016. It is a continuation of the FIFA Ballon d’Or, but without the participation of France Football magazine, which presents its award.
- Twice it became the owner of Cristiano Ronaldo, once – Luka Modric and Lionel Messi.
- Last year this added to the list by Robert Lewandowski.