The Ukrainian defender missed the match due to injury.
Everton lost at home to Aston Villa / photo REUTERS
On Saturday, January 22, as part of the 23rd round of the English Football Championship, Aston Villa went to visit Everton. The match ended in victory for the guests.
The winner of this confrontation was determined by the only goal of Emiliano Buendia after a corner kick, which fell at the end of the first half.
The Butterscotch were more active in the end of the second half of the meeting, trying to restore the balance in the score, but Steven Gerrard’s wards eventually defended the winning result for themselves.
Read alsoBoth funny and spectacular: Premier League footballer scored an unusual goal (video)Ukrainian defender Vitaliy Mykolenko was not included in Everton’s squad for the match against Aston Villa. According to journalist Andrew Todos, citing his sources, the Ukrainian has a back injury.
Everton 0-1 Aston Villa
Goal: Buendía, 45 + 3
“Everton“: Pickford, Kenny, Mina, Holgate, Godfrey, Townsend (Gordon, 56), Gray, Andre Gomes (Allan, 51), Dukure (Onyango, 65), Calvert-Lewin, Richardlison.
“Aston Villa“: Martinez, Mings, Konsa, Dean, McGinn, Douglas Lewis, Ramsey, Cash, Coutinho (Chuquuemeca, 74), Buendía (House, 90 + 1), Watkins (Ings, 79).
Warnings: Andre Gomez, Calvert-Lewin, Allan, Godfrey – Cash, Mina, Martinez, Mings
We will remind, “Everton” previously fired the head coach of Spaniard Rafael Benitez. Duncan Ferguson has been named interim coach for the Toffees.
Everton: results for the season
- Everton have only won five Premier League titles this season. So far, the team is 16th in the league, only five points ahead of the relegation zone (with three games in hand).
- The Toffees were also knocked out of the League Cup at the 1/16 final stage, losing in the penalty shoot-out to QPR, but made it to the 1/16 finals of the FA Cup, where they will meet with Brentford.
- Everton’s next match will be on January 5 against Brentford in the FA Cup.
Vitaliy Mikolenko: transfer to Everton
- Mykolenko is a graduate of Dynamo Kiev. English Everton bought a defender from Kiev for 22 million euros.
- The Ukrainian has signed a contract with Everton, which is valid until the summer of 2026.
- Vitali earns £58,000 a week at Everton.
- Mikolenko made his debut for his new club in the FA Cup and played 120 minutes on the pitch.
- In the Premier League, the Ukrainian defender made his debut in the match against Norwich (1:2).