UNIAN found out who is not subject to mobilization and can receive a deferment from conscription.
Due to the full-scale invasion of Russia, on February 24, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky signed a decree “On general mobilization”, which was approved by the Verkhovna Rada on March 3. However, there are categories of citizens who are not subject to mobilization and are not subject to conscription.
Who can get a draft deferment
According to article 23 of the Law of Ukraine “On mobilization training and mobilization” are not subject to conscription for military service for the mobilization of persons liable for military service of the following categories:
- those who received a reservation for the period of mobilization and for wartime;
- persons with disabilities or, in accordance with the conclusion of the military medical commission, temporarily unfit for military service for health reasons for up to 6 months, followed by the passage of the commission;
- women and men who are dependent on three or more children under the age of 18;
- women and men who independently raise a child (children) under the age of 18;
- women and men, guardians, trustees, adoptive parents, parent-educators raising a child with a disability under the age of 18;
- women and men, guardians, trustees, adoptive parents, parents-educators who bring up a sick child (severe perinatal lesions of the nervous system, severe congenital malformations, rare orphan diseases, oncological, oncohematological diseases, cerebral palsy, severe mental disorders, diabetes mellitus Type I insulin-dependent, acute or chronic kidney disease IV degree);
- raising a child with a severe injury, a child in need of an organ transplant, palliative care;
- women and men who are dependent on an adult child with a disability of group I or II;
- adoptive parents, guardians, custodians, adoptive parents, parent-educators who support orphans or children deprived of parental care, under the age of 18;
- engaged in constant care for a sick wife (husband), child, as well as their parents or wife (husband), who, according to the conclusion of a medical and social expert commission or a medical advisory commission of a healthcare institution, need constant care;
- having a wife (husband) among persons with disabilities and / or one of their parents or parents of a wife (husband) from among persons with disabilities of group I or II;
- guardians of a person with a disability recognized by the court as incompetent; persons engaged in constant care for a person with a disability of group I; persons engaged in constant care for a person with a disability of group II or for a person who, according to the conclusion of a medical and social expert commission or a medical advisory commission of a healthcare institution, requires constant care, in the absence of other persons who can provide such care;
- people’s deputies of Ukraine, deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
- employees of military administration bodies (administrative bodies), military units (divisions), enterprises, institutions and organizations of the Ministry of Defense, Armed Forces of Ukraine, State Special Communications Service, SBU, Foreign Intelligence Service, National Guard, State Border Service, National Police, Tax Police, NABU, SBI, State Executive Service, Administration state guards;
- other persons liable for military service or certain categories of citizens in cases provided for by law.
The following are also not subject to conscription for military service for mobilization for a special period:
- recipients of professional and higher education, trainee assistants, graduate and doctoral students studying full-time or dual forms;
- scientific and scientific and pedagogical workers of institutions of higher and professional pre-higher education, scientific institutions and organizations that have an academic title and / or scientific degree, and pedagogical workers of institutions of general secondary education, provided that they work at their main place of work for at least 0.75 stakes;
- women and men whose close relatives (husband, wife, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother or full (full, half) brother or sister) died or went missing during the anti-terrorist operation from among the military personnel, employees of the Ukrainian military formations, as well as enterprises, institutions, organizations that were involved in ensuring the conduct of the ATO.
Can a person with a disability be recruited?
The law says that persons with disabilities can be called up for military service with their consent and only at the place of residence.
Can they call if there are children
According to the law, citizens who have three or more minor children or who independently raise a child under 18 are not subject to conscription.
In addition, they cannot forcibly mobilize parents or guardians if they are raising a minor child with a disability, a seriously ill or injured child, as well as those who have an adult child with a disability of group I or II as a dependent.
Do not fall under the mobilization and adoptive parents, guardians, custodians, foster parents, parent-educators who are raising underage orphans or deprived of parental care.
What is a reservation, how to get a reservation
Persons liable for military service in Ukraine can receive a deferral of mobilization with the help of the so-called armor. In particular, article 24 The Law of Ukraine “On mobilization training and mobilization” says that the reservation of military reserve is carried out in order to ensure the functioning of bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations in a special period.
The reservation can be obtained by persons liable for military service working in state authorities, other state bodies, local governments and at enterprises, institutions and organizations for which mobilization tasks have been established if this is necessary to ensure the functioning of these bodies and the fulfillment of mobilization tasks.
Earlier, UNIAN wrote about how the 2022 mobilization is going and who is being called up now. We also talked about how men try to avoid mobilization and what they resort to to cross the border.