Oleksandr Pikhalyonok can strengthen the composition of the Italian “Genoa”.
Midfielder “Dnepr-1” and the national team of Ukraine Alexander Pikhalenok fell into the sphere of interests of the Italian “Genoa”.
This publication reports Calcioline.
According to the source, the leaders intend to strengthen the midfield of the team in the summer transfer window. The club needs players who can both defend and develop attacks.
The 25-year-old Ukrainian midfielder is one of the possible candidates.
The potential transfer is estimated at 2.5 million euros.
In the UPL draw of the 2021/22 season, Pikhalyonok scored 5 goals and 3 assists in 14 games for Dnipro-1. Also, the 25-year-old midfielder this year made his debut in the national team of Ukraine.
Recall that in November last year, “Genoa” invited Ukrainian specialist Andriy Shevchenko to the post of coach. Under the leadership of the Ukrainian, the team failed to achieve positive results, as a result of which Shevchenko was dismissed in January, after losing the Coppa Italia game against Milan.
Worth noting that the change of coach, “Genoa” did not help. The club finished 19th in the Italian championship and were relegated to Serie B.
Alexander Pikhalenok: career
- Pikhalyonok is a graduate of the Shakhtar Academy. He signed his first professional contract with Shakhtar Donetsk in 2014.
- He made his debut for the main team of Shakhtar in the UPL in the match against Oleksandriya on May 31, 2017.
- In the 2019/2020 season, he became the champion of Ukraine with Shakhtar.
- He played on loan for Mariupol and Dnepr-1.
- In the summer of 2021, Dnipro-1 bought Pikhalenok’s contract from Shakhtar for 700,000 euros.
- As part of Dnipro-1, Alexander played 31 matches, in which he scored 6 goals and 11 assists.
- As part of the national team of Ukraine, Pikhalyonok played two matches.