Promoter Anthony Joshua spoke about organizing the next fight for his ward.
The fight between the two famous British boxers Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua may not take place, despite the fact that both athletes have previously declared their readiness to fight.
Anthony Joshua’s team has yet to receive a contract to fight WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury. Therefore, representatives of A.J. began to search for alternative options.
This was announced by promoter Eddie Hearn.
“Obviously we are working on a fallback plan in case the Fury fight doesn’t happen.
We still haven’t received a contract. I was told that he would come in the evening. But we will continue to work on the date of December 17, despite the information about December 3. Just in case the fight with Fury does not take place.
Our priority now is to organize this battle. We can’t rely on Fury, but if it’s true, we’ll have a duel. Let’s see what happens in the near future,” Hearn said in an interview. iD Boxing.
Recall that on the night of August 21, Anthony Joshua lost to Oleksandr Usyk in the second fight. At stake in the rematch were the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight belts and The Ring title, which the Ukrainian boxer successfully defended.
Tyson Fury fought his last fight on April 24, 2022. The gypsy king knocked out Dillian Whyte with a powerful uppercut and defended his WBC world championship belt.
Earlier it was reported that Tyson Fury wanted to fight Usyk in December, but Alexander does not want to box this year.