According to him, this decision by the Kremlin will shorten the war in Ukraine by at least six months to a year.
“Referendums” in the temporarily occupied territories of Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine and the subsequent mobilization in Russia will have no consequences other than accelerating the collapse and revolution in Putin’s Russia.
This opinion was voiced by Advisor to the Office of the President Aleksey Arestovich in Telegram.
According to Arestovich, there are four reasons for the revolution in the Russian Federation:
- The destruction of the indescribable social contract that has so far held the Putin regime – “war only on TV.”
- Lack of infrastructure for mobilization – first of all, the necessary number of junior commanders to turn the mobilized into a kind of army.
- Extremely low combat effectiveness of the mobilized, due to lack of motivation.
- The presence among the mobilized of a large number of hidden opponents of the war.
“Now it will not just be people who hate Putin, but armed people who hate Putin,” Arestovich said.
In turn, “referendums” in the occupied territories of Ukraine mean:
- A sharp reaction from the international community.
- Strengthening military assistance to Ukraine – both in terms of terms and nomenclature, and volumes.
- New sanctions against the Russian Federation.
- Strengthening resistance in the occupied territories.
“Yes, this is an escalation. It will finish off Putin. The administrative and resource apparatus of Putin’s Russian Federation did not pull out the previous level of war, and its complication and expansion will not pull it all the more,” Arestovich argues.
As for the fears about the use of nuclear weapons to protect “… the newly acquired territories of the Russian Federation”, then, according to the adviser to the OP, “If you are going to use nuclear weapons on a massive scale, you do not need mobilization.”
“The most important thing is that we don’t give a fuck. As we fought, we will fight, only worse. I thought for a long time: will they decide on this idiocy in the form of mobilization / referendums? .. And they, perhaps, will justify our best expectations. This is – a huge gift to all of us, the reduction of the war by at least six months or a year,” Arestovich is sure.
As previously reported, Russia does not have enough people to send to war, and therefore they are conducting “internal self-mobilization” there.
And today the State Duma has introduced the concept of “mobilization”, “martial law” and “wartime” into the Criminal Code.
At the same time, as UNIAN wrote, mobilization for the war against Ukraine begins in the Russian capital. Residents of Moscow will begin to issue subpoenas.
Today, the so-called “People’s Council” of the pseudo-republic “LPR” voted for holding a “referendum” on joining the Russian Federation. The same intentions were reported by collaborators in the occupied Kherson and Zaporozhye region.
According to Sergei Gaidai, chairman of the Lugansk regional military administration, if Russia organizes and holds a “referendum” in the occupied territories, this will pave the way for a general mobilization in Russia.