The bill makes it possible to build without the obligatory permission of the owner of the land and land documents.
The Association of Ukrainian Cities has published an infographic that clearly explains how the draft law No. 5655 “on urban planning reform” harms the communities and the entire Ukrainian society. This is reported by the AGU website.
The PSA, in particular, highlights the following shortcomings of the draft law:
– The rights of land owners are violated. The bill makes it possible to build without the obligatory permission of the owner of the land and land documents.
– Mass unauthorized construction is stimulated. Inspection of construction sites is prohibited.
– The public is deprived of the rights of control and influence. Activists and specialists are prohibited from initiating inspections of compliance with the legislation in the field of construction, activists are required to justify their interest in protecting urban development objects.
– The rights of local self-government are limited. Scheduled construction inspections will be carried out exclusively by a private company.
– In fact, the irresponsibility of private controllers is legitimized. For failure to issue an order to stop work, the punishment for them is only UAH 67,100 ($1,700), for signing an act of readiness for an object built with violations – UAH 281,820. ($7000).
Earlier it was reported that the Association of Ukrainian Cities appealed to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky about applying his veto to the bill 5655. The same appeals were signed by more than 1,000 deputies from different communities of Ukraine. Petition to veto 5655 on the website of the President received the necessary 25,000 votes in a few hours. Representatives of the public and leading media in an appeal to the Verkhovna Rada insisted on a public discussion of the urban reform.